Saturday, January 27, 2007

Baskin-Robbins Flavor of the Month - Blueberry Lavender Ice Cream?

To celebrate "America's love of chocolate" according to the Baskin-Robbins website (http://www.baskinrobbins.com/IceCream/), Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream stores are featuring Swiss Chocolate Treasure and Love Potion #31 as their Flavors of the Month. I thought, yum, Swiss Chocolate Treasure sounds good so I went on to read the description: Swiss Chocolate Treasure - Blueberry lavender ice cream combines with milk and Swiss chocolate ice creams and hidden chocolate-filled lavender cups to indulge all of your senses. What?? Blueberry lavender ice cream with chocolate-filled lavender cups? Okay, how many chocolate lovers out there think this sounds appetizing? I wash my hands with lavender soap; I don't know that I necessarily want to eat lavender.

(The other flavor, Love Potion #31 sounds good: White chocolate and raspberry ice creams swirled with a raspberry ribbon and loaded with raspberry-filled cups and chocolate chips. )

Now, I have tried rosewater ice cream before (it was at a foodie event in Miami), and ... I really didn't like it. Why? Because it tasted like rosewater... or what I would imagine a rose soaked in water would taste like. Very powdery and flowery - not exactly a taste I crave. So maybe I'm being unfairly judgmental to the Blueberry Lavender ice cream and am expecting it to taste like a flower as well.

Has anyone out there ever tried Blueberry Lavender ice cream before? Or, are you planning on trying the new Baskin-Robbins flavor? Let me know in the comments section! I might have to go by my Baskin-Robbins and actually get a taste of the flavor. If I do, I'll report back as well.

1 comments:

Restaurant Mom said...

Okay, I finally went and tried the Blueberry Lavender ice cream! Actually, the ice cream IS mostly chocolate with patches of blueberry lavender and then the lavender "cups" filled with chocolate. It wasn't that bad - I didn't really taste any flowery flavor. Mostly, it tasted like the chocolate-covered blueberries that you can get at places like Harry & David's. I ended up getting the Love Potion #31 - which was really good - like a chocolate candy with raspberry filling - YUM!

Copyright © by Restaurant Mom. All rights reserved.