Monday, July 02, 2007

Rita's Water Ice Coming Soon to Hunter's Creek!

I am so excited! I just found out from a friend that a Rita's Water Ice location is coming to Orlando in the Hunter's Creek area (according to the Rita's website: 13651 Hunter's Oak Drive). For those of you who have never heard of Rita's - or water ice for that matter - they are a franchise in the Northeast that sells a product similar to Italian ices, and frozen custards. I first discovered Rita's on our bi-annual family summer trip to Ocean City, NJ. Ocean City has a very fun, very family-friendly boardwalk that runs for several miles along the Atlantic Ocean. The boardwalk is lined with tons of beachwear shops, arcades, old-fashioned amusement parks, miniature golf courses, as well as summer eateries serving all manner of shore-like foods such as salt water taffy, NY-style pizza, hot dogs... and water ice. After trying a few ices myself, I determined my favorite to be Rita's, especially the cherry flavor. On a hot summer day, nothing beats a cool cherry water ice with its smooth sweetness and little bits of maraschino cherry mixed in - yummy! I can't wait for them to open -- see you there!

5 comments:

Sadie said...

Yippee! Haven't had a good "water ice" since I left Philly. (Now when is someone opening a good hoagie shop?)

Anonymous said...

Been there. So different with indoor seating...but still the same great ice! They had chocolate chip cookie dough this weekend that was awesome!! And I think that coffee custard is new this year. Its my new favorite vice, very creamy. Best of all, they'll be open year round!

Anonymous said...

Will have to try it. It will be hard not to make comparisons to the Corona Ice King in Corona, Queens, NY.

skylynn said...

I love Rita's, just had some last weekend...need to try mango flavor. We need 1 in Lakeland too. We also need a good place to make good chicken cheese steaks.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Copyright © by Restaurant Mom. All rights reserved.