Thursday, May 28, 2009

Restaurant Musings - Another Orlando area restaurant bites the dust

Well, another Orlando-area restaurant has closed - Amira's kosher deli in Altamonte Springs. We had just eaten there two weeks ago and the boys really liked it! It seems that on a daily basis we are learning about restaurants that are closing because of the economy. And most of these are the mom-and-pop restaurants because they don't have the deep pockets of the chain restaurants to be able to sustain themselves during economic downturns. I shudder to think we might end up with a chain-restaurant only dining landscape soon. That would be a very sad thing.

Here are a couple of restaurants in the area that have closed recently; you can add your own mournings in the comments section.

Amira's: Great place to get a totally stacked corned beef sandwich and potato pancakes. My kids also loved the pickles they serve as soon as you sit down at the table.

Jockamo's: My dad loved the crawfish boils. My kids and I liked the beignets. Where else in the area can you find New Orleans food?

1 comments:

Debi Walter said...

this one closed a while back, but I'm still mourning its closing: An Tobars located in Sheraton North at I-4 and Maitland Blvd. It was an authentic Irish Pub with great atmosphere and even better Irish food. My husband counted it our favorite date night location to sit back, relax and enjoy quiet conversation.

Copyright © by Restaurant Mom. All rights reserved.